Saturday, January 10, 2009

Scam?

Sent from: katewille04@aol.com

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Hello Leaser,


my name is katherine Williams, i am an pediatric nurse and a make up artist
as part time,i was opportuned to see and i read through your posting on
craigslist.com concerning the advert you posted, i am expressing my sheer
interest in taking up the room, what are the modalities in taking up the place,
please have the requirements sent in these form


*Total rent Required before moving in
* Utility Bills

I will be anxiously waiting for your email ,I want you to know that i
really need the room now and i am the serious type paying rent ,when emailing me
please tell me more about the place and more pics if you have...I am open to
any type of lease..


Kind Regards


Katherine
I just got this email today from my apartment listing on craigslist. If you don't find this email fishy, you need to check in with the nearest scam victim help center because you are a noob in life.

No normal person writes like this. First of all, there's no consistency of capitalization and spacing. And second, even if English is her second language or even the third, the way she expresses herself is almost like a mail-order bride from Russia, that's it: exaggeration. Whatever she says even with the right grammar don't make sense because of the context. What's amazing is there are people who actually got scammed by her for $2500.

A little googling will also show that she also goes by the name Nicole Wayne misspavez00@aol.com.

4 comments:

  1. Another scam I got in email:

    Hello,
    I am Liz Keller and i am 24 years old.I am interested in your room for rent.I am a very tolerant person .I dont interfare into other peoples matters.I like to respect their rules of the house. i don't do drugs.I am a model(professional). Please you could email me at l.keller2k8@gmail.com i look forward to hearing back from you.ASAP.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. With follow up:

    HELLO
    Thanks for the mail and i appreciate your efforts towards this .I am interested in renting your room.I will need more info from you regards to the place and also i need to know the deposit that i will be paying before i arrive,i am from ENGLAND,but currently based in west africa now with my mom because she works for a missionary school and she is posted down here,i want to move over to the US,Kindly get back to me ASAP with the deposit i need to pay because i will like to pay for the deposit before my arrival and i will like to know the total amount i will be paying for a whole year but i will like to pay the deposit first of all,I do part time modelling and also i have finished with my masters programme.I do model and i have job offers already in the US,I have my masters degree in accounting.My job will be based on contracts so i do not have to go to work all the time,I will only need to go to work 3 times in a week.

    Concerning the issue of how long am going to stay over it's just 6 month.moreover i do not have any furniture and the place must be homely.

    Well, i think we will get along well because am a easy going person,like i said i dont do drugs or smoke but i drink only occasionally.I will be glad if you have a Yahoo messenger(lydiacaren@yahoo.com
    ) so we can chat and talk more and get to know each other better, its free,Send me ur email addy

    .Please kindly get back to me ASAP.Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's at it again.Today I got 2 emails from "Liz Keller" wherein she used 2 different email addresses:


    ----- Original Message -----
    From: liz keller l.keller203@gmail.com
    Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009

    Hello, I am Liz Keller and i am 24 years old.I am interested in your room for rent.I am a very tolerant person .I dont interfare into other peoples matters.I like to respect their rules of the house. i don't do drugs.I am a model(professional). Please you could email me at l.keller203@gmail.com i look forward to hearing back from you.ASAP.
    Liz

    AND

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: liz keller l.keller2k9@gmail.com
    Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009

    Hello , Thanks for the mail and i appreciate your efforts towards this .I am interested in renting your room.I will need more info from you regards to the place and also i need to know the deposit that i will be paying before i arrive,i am from ENGLAND,but currently based in Abroad now with my mom because she works for a missionary school and she is posted down here,i want to move over to the US,Kindly get back to me ASAP with the deposit i need to pay because i will like to pay for the deposit before my arrival and i will like to know the total amount i will be paying for a whole year but i will like to pay the deposit first of all,I do part time modelling and also i have finished with my masters programme.I do model and i have job offers already in the US,I have my masters degree in accounting.My job will be based on contracts so i do not have to go to work all the time,I will only need to go to work 3 times in a week.

    Well, i think we will get along well because am a easy going person,like i said i dont do drugs or smoke but i drink only occasionally.I will be glad if you have a Yahoo messenger (l.keller201@yahoo.com) so we can chat and talk more and get to know each other better, its free,Send me ur email addy

    Please kindly get back to me ASAP.Hope to hear from you soon.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for putting this up you guys! I was about to respond to her.

    On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 7:45 PM, liz keller wrote:

    ** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
    ** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
    ** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
    ** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html




    --
    Hello,
    I am Liz Keller and i am 24 years old.I am interested in your room for
    rent.I am a very tolerant person .I dont interfare into other peoples
    matters.I like to respect their rules of the house. i don't do
    drugs.I am a model(professional). Please you could email me at
    l.keller203@gmail.com i look forward to hearing back from you.ASAP.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete